Mutima runs from Monday to Friday every week. Each day starts at 10am and ends at approximately 2pm. While the classes change each week, every Friday is known as Sanitation and Hygiene Day and on this day every week, women from Mutima go to one selected Mutima woman’s place of residence and help them clean and make it a better place to live. Below are some of the activities that are run at Mutima’s base in Kitala on the other days of the week:
- Women’s Education
- Fun Day
- Farming and Gardening
- Counselling and Guidance
- Health Camps – may include deworming, HIV testing, malaria testing and treatment
- Business Lessons
- Bag and necklace crafting lessons
- Charcoal Making
- Daycare and Nursery for Mutima children
The classes are run based on the availability of teachers and volunteers who are interested in teaching these lessons.
Cooking and Language Classes in 2019
We are very excited to announce a new initiative for foreigners and volunteers to learn basic Luganda and to have Ugandan cooking lessons! Those who are interested will meet at Victors Church International in Entebbe. After brief introductions, you will learn how to cook an authentic Ugandan meal with three dishes. While you eat, the women from Mutima will introduce you to some basic Luganda phrases and we will practice having a conversation! This is very helpful for the women as well, as many of the women are learning English so the phrases we will learn in Luganda/English are mutually beneficial.
- Foreigners can sign up for a 2-hour cooking and basic Luganda lesson from 11-1pm two days a week
- Ugandans can sign up for a 2-hour cooking lesson and also suggest dishes they want to learn to cook
- The cost is $30 USD ($108,00 UGX)
Please consider joining us on this experience as you start your journey in Uganda while supporting our mission! For more information, please contact Lilian at +256 751 688 718 (WhatsApp works, as well).